Pensioners living abroad? Here is how you can submit your life certificate

Each pensioner is required to submit a life certificates, often known as ‘Jeevan Pramaan’ within the month of November for the continuation of his/her pension. These aged 80 years or above can submit it between October 1 and November 30. Pensioners can both submit it bodily by visiting the financial institution or avail of doorstep providers. The life certificates might be even be submitted on-line.

However what about these pensioners who’re dwelling overseas?  In accordance with the round launched by the Division of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW), the next procedures can be found for submitting a life certificates by a pensioner dwelling overseas

1) The round states that in case of a pensioner/household pensioner residing overseas and drawing his pension/household pension by means of any financial institution included within the Second Schedule to the Reserve Financial institution of India Act, 1934, the life certificates could also be signed by an officer of the Financial institution. A pensioner/household pensioner will get exemption from private look topic to manufacturing of Life Certificates signed by the above-mentioned officer of the financial institution.

2) A pensioner/household pensioner not residing in India is exempted from private look if his/her duly licensed agent produces a life certificates signed by a Justice of the Peace, a Notary, a Banker, or a Diplomatic Consultant of India.

3) Pensioner/household pensioner also can present Digital Life Certificates on-line by means of Aadhaar based mostly biometric authentication system.

4) Within the case of NRI pensioners/household pensioners who’re unable to come back to India for private identification, pension/household pension could also be allowed on the idea of a certificates to be issued by a certified official of the Indian Embassy/Excessive Fee of India or Consul of Indian Consulate within the nation the place the pensioner/household pensioner is residing. This certificate is to be issued on verification of Pensioner/Household Pensioner on the idea of pictures pasted within the PPO or on the idea of {photograph} pasted on the Passport or every other such doc.

5) In case the pensioner/household pensioner is unable to go to the Embassy of India/Consulate, he/she could submit requisite paperwork by put up to the Embassy/Consulate, together with Physician’s Certificate exhibiting the pensioner’s/household pensioner’s incapability to current himself/herself in individual. Embassy of India/Excessive Fee/ Indian Consulate may help pensioners/household pensioners within the submission of the Life Certificates.







Subscribe to Mint Newsletters

* Enter a legitimate e-mail

* Thanks for subscribing to our publication.

By no means miss a narrative! Keep linked and knowledgeable with Mint.
our App Now!!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *