The Harry Potter franchise dominated the field workplace from 2001 to 2011 with eight motion pictures launched primarily based off of the massively profitable guide collection.
In 2016, Warner Bros. launched a prequel film below the Unbelievable Beasts banner and storyline. Plans for a trilogy of the Unbelievable Beasts franchise have now been was a 5 film collection, which may imply nice issues for AT&T Inc (NYSE: T).
Here’s a take a look at how the ten motion pictures launched within the “J.Ok. Rowling’s Wizarding World” have carried out on the field workplace, ranked by worldwide field workplace:
- 1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Half 2 (2011): $1.34 billion
- 2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Half 1 (2010): $977 million
- 3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001): $975 million
- 4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007): $942 million
- 5. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009): $934 million
- 6. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fireplace (2005): $896 million
- 7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and techniques (2002): $879 million
- 8. Unbelievable Beasts and The place to Discover Them (2016): $814 million
- 9. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004): $795 million
- 10. Unbelievable Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018): $655 million
The home field workplace rankings are as follows:
- 1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Half 2: $381 million
- 2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: $318 million
- 3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: $302 million
- 4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Half 1: $295 million
- 5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: $292 million
- 6. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fireplace: $290 million
- 7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and techniques: $262 million
- 8. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: $250 million
- 9. Unbelievable Beasts and The place to Discover Them: $234 million
- 10. Unbelievable Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: $160 million
Associated Hyperlink: WarnerMedia CEO Teases A Reboot Of The Harry Potter Franchise
What The Rankings Imply: It isn’t onerous to see the separation between the Harry Potter and Unbelievable Beasts motion pictures. Whereas “Unbelievable Beasts and The place to Discover Them” introduced in $814 million worldwide, the sequel dissatisfied with a decrease whole of $655 million.
The home totals from the 2 prequels had been each below $250 million. Unbelievable Beasts opened with $74.4 million domestically, and The Crimes of Grindelwald had a home opening of $62.2 million. The bottom opening for a Harry Potter film domestically was $77.1 million, and sure got here with fewer theaters and decrease ticket costs.
“Unbelievable Beasts: The Secrets and techniques of Dumbledore” will likely be launched in theaters on April 15, 2022. The film was moved up from a July 15 launch.
The film might be essential because it contains Dumbledore within the title, a widely known character from the Harry Potter franchise. The film may characterize a turning level for Unbelievable Beasts, as it’s the third film in a deliberate trilogy was 5 motion pictures.
A take a look at the Harry Potter franchise field workplace exhibits one of the best performing motion pictures had been the primary and final within the franchise, which may characterize a chance for Unbelievable Beasts to push for a robust fourth and fifth film to climb the Wizarding World franchise leaderboard.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga doesn’t present funding recommendation. All rights reserved.